Watch the three videos above.
Are students aware of any other cultural misconceptions?
Naza Naza Culture
You are going to look at how we interpret new cultures and traditions by playing a game in your class. Once you have completed the game think about the following questions:
- What was the foreign culture like? Describe the foreign culture.
- What did the foreign culture members seem to value? What did their rules seem to be?
- How did the first observers feel in the foreign culture?
- How did the native culture participants feel about the visitors who attempted to do business? Did they do anything which upset you?
- What seemed to help the communication process? What hindered it?
- What were the rules and values of your native culture?
- How did you feel about your native culture?
- Did you like one culture more than another? Why?
- In what ways might this simulation be similar to visiting a foreign country?
- In what ways is it probably different?